2018 FLATHEAD RIVER WRITERS CONFERENCE
September 22-23 2018, Kalispell, Montana
Join other writers for learning and camaraderie in beautiful northwest Montana near Glacier Park. This reasonably priced conference offers interaction with publishing professionals and award-winning authors in an encouraging, friendly environment.
Modern-Day Manuscript Makeover
Cost: $160 for two days - Includes lunch both days and Saturday night social. Limited to 100 attendees
• Saturday program - Presentations by authors, publicist, agent & editor
• Sunday workshops - Interactive and break-out sessions to improve craft
• “First Impression” critiques by experts on 1-page submissions
• One-on-one manuscript critiques with an agent or editor for the first 24 2-day paid registrants.(Details on website: www.authorsoftheflathead.org)
• Lodging in Kalispell at the Hampton Inn, daily rate is $99+tax for reservations by 8/21 www.Hamptoninn3.hilton.com/Kalispell. 406-755-7900
Larry Brooks, Author and story structure expert, Jane Friedman - media guru
Jane Friedman, Media and writing guru
James W. Hall, Creative writing and Fulbright Professor, poet, many awards
Will Weaver, Creative writing professor, Young-adult author
BJ Daniels, prolific romantic intrigue author Click for details
Conference near Glacier Park in NW Montana.
Nationally recognized speakers with expertise in writing memoirs, digital platforms, fundamentals and plotting fiction, characterization in paranormal romance, & tips along the path to successful publishing.
Group Size or S:T Ratio
Business/Technical, Publishing, Autobiography/Memoir, Mystery, Fiction, Marketing
2018 - Award-winning Authors: Dennis Foley William Bernhardt, Deborah LaBlanc. Editor: Marcia Markland. Agent: Natalie Grazian at Martin Literary & Media Mgmt; Publicist/ Marketer: Jeffrey Yamaguchi
$160 for both days, $90 for single day. Includes lunch, beverages and evening social event on Sat. First 24 paid/2day attendees eligible for 1 on 1 MS critique with agent or editor.(DS: 10-page sample + 2 page synopsis, submitted in advance. See website.)
Authors of the Flathead
PO Box 7711
Kalispell, MT 59904-0711