ALGONKIAN NOVEL WRITING COURSES AND PROGRAM
Mystery/Thriller, Suspense, Women's Fiction, Literary/Upmarket, Sci-fi and Fantasy (ADULT/YA/MG),
Young Adult and Middle Grade, Historical and General Fiction This is unquestionably the best novel writing program online, not only because of its methodology and references, but because it enables you to consult with a professional in the commercial novel writing business, and once accomplished, directly pitch literary agents in our own forums when you are ready. No other program comes close to this. Keep in mind too that Algonkian Writer Conferences has proved itself, time and time again, to be extremely successful when it comes to leading writers to agent and publishing contracts, and you won't have to spend several thousand on half a dozen or more writing program classes, or worse yet, up to $10,000 or more on an MFA-like college program with ill-qualified academic instructors. - Michael Neff, Algonkian Director |
In this series of novel writing courses we enable you to write or rewrite your novel a step at a time through each successive course module while reality-checking the core elements of your novel-in-progress.
What you receive:
1) A review by program faculty of your story premise and all major novel elements, as well as your prose narrative, for purposes of determining your competitive status vs. other writers in your genre.
2) A thorough outline of all your novel's plot beats and points.
3) 100 pages or more of your novel, or narrative non-f, in competitively polished shape.
4) A working-knowledge of the most highly regarded, industry-accepted techniques for craft writing, resulting in a personalized and competitive narrative style.
5) A realistic publication plan going forward based on your manuscript's current stage of development, as well as your writing skills.
6) Phone consults with faculty to support your development of a professional agent query letter (if you and the faculty agree the time is right).
7) Literary agent pitch forums.
See our home page
for more information.
Our goal is to hone your ms, secure you representation, and get you published.
No one can do it better than Algonkian. Truly.
The Algonkian Author Salon Novel Writing Program does one thing: realistically preps and edits a novel manuscript in any stage for commercial publication, regardless of genre.
16 to 25 Weeks Average
Group Size or S:T Ratio
Autobiography/Memoir, Fiction, Humor, Mystery, Non-fiction, Romance, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Young Adult
Literary agent-author Paula Munier, agent-editor Michelle Richter, and agent-author-editor Michael Neff.
$799.00 for both parts or courses, for a total of 16 modules.
District of Columbia
888c 8th Ave
New York, NY 10019